No Bake Raspberry Lavender Whipped Cheesecake
Perfect dessert to share with your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
- 10 oz Oreo cookies
- 2 oz melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cream
- 3 tbsp lavender simple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar (simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened)
- 3-4 oz fresh raspberries
- Sliced Almonds
- Extra Lavender Syrup
- Confectioner’s sugar
- In a food processor, place the Oreos and salt, and process until you get cookie crumbs.
- Then while running the food processor on its lowest setting, drizzle the butter in. This should make the cookie crumbs moist enough to be pressed into a cheesecake base.
- Take 4 omelet rings or tart rings and butter the insides. Place these on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or tray. (Alternatively, you can use 4 mini fluted tart pans as well).
- Place some of the cookie crumbs inside and using a flat bottomed glass or tart tamper or the back of a spoon, press down the crust to form a flat base.
- If you prefer, use your fingers to press the cookie crumbs onto the sides of your tart rings as well to form the sides of the cheesecake (this is optional, just the base would be sufficient, and easier)
- Let the tart bases freeze for a few hours, or until you need them.
- When you’re ready to use the tart bases, carefully remove the tart ring by using a sharp knife to loosen the edges. Be careful not to break the base. If you have molded the sides as well, you may need a blow torch to warm up the sides slightly, to make unmolding easier.
Raspberry swirl (can be made ahead of time)
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until you have a thick raspberry coulis/paste – about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients. Whisk until you have a smooth paste.
- Add as much of the raspberry paste/coulis as you need to create a ripple effect. You can alter the amount according to your preference. I added about half. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until ready.
- Optional – store the cheesecake in the fridge in a piping bag fitted with a wide round nozzle.
- Remove unmolded tart bases from the freezer (about 10 minutes before serving).
- Spoon the cheesecake or pipe in the cheesecake evenly onto the four bases.
- Stud the top with 3-4 fresh raspberries.
- Drizzle a little extra lavender syrup on top.
- Sprinkle some sliced almonds and confectioner’s sugar.
- Serve immediately.
( Via adishofdailylife.com )
Trackback from your site.